Anaphora Press is located in Port Townsend, WA. Our official launch of the website was on the Feast of the Meeting of our Lord in the Temple on Feb. 2, 2007.
The press was started by Christopher and Macrina Lewis with the goals of publishing:
- high-quality fiction and literature by Orthodox writers
- Orthodox curriculum for homeschool and Sunday school
- chant-based CDs and liturgical music in English
- creating a venue for hand-painted egg-tempera icons
- providing a place for Orthodox artisans to gain and share knowledge of their craft
- in general, establishing a business and web presence that serves to support the liturgical and creative arts of Orthodox Christians
We attend St. Herman Orthodox Church in Port Townsend, WA (OCA) where Christopher is an ordained Reader and Macrina conducts the choir. We are homeschooling parents. Christopher is a writer and Macrina tries to paint icons in the spare moments she never has! Our labors have the blessing of our Bishop BENAJAMIN of the Diocese of the West. We welcome feedback and assistance from anyone who would like to contribute to this endeavor.
To contact us or place an order by mail/check, please click here.
A Note on SUBMISSIONS:
If you have something you feel we would be interested in, please email us with some details. We are especially interested in curriculum and well-written fiction with an Orthodox ambiance or ethos. Orthodox historical fiction is fine, but no children’s books with full-color illustrations. Classical or literary styles of poetry are also interesting to us. Please note, however: presently we are only working with authors who do not expect royalties or remuneration. At this time and probably for the forseeable future, Anaphora Press is run by volunteers, who contribute their skills for the love of God and the glorification of His church.